Sign up here to stay in touch with all things Skin Nerd... Receive a $15.00 online product purchase voucher when you enter your details here
Combining 7 Hyaluronic Acids (2.1%) plus 0.2% Zinc Hyaluronate, Ceramide NP, Oat Beta Glucan, Panthenol, Allantoin, Skinasensyl, Niacinamide and Centella Extract.
A comprehensive, hydrating serum to restore and maintain the skin’s barrier function and replenish dry, dehydrated and compromised skin conditions.
An ideal moisture serum for use after intensive treatments such as skin needling, laser, hydroxy acid peels and potent anti-oxidants.
Suitable for all skin types.
• Hydrates and nourishes the skin
• Helps restore and maintain the skin’s barrier function
• Reduces Transepidermal Water Loss (TEWL)
• Assists skin recovery / promotes wound healing
• Restores skin lipids
• Increases skin’s resilience
• Calms and soothes the skin
• Softens the skin
• Promotes an even skin tone
• Reduces the appearance of wrinkles
• Mitigates side-effects such as dryness and irritation that can be caused by potent antioxidants such as retinoic acid and high dosage retinoids, as well as acne treatments such as medically prescribed benzyl peroxide etc.
The skin’s natural barrier, known as the stratum corneum, forms an effective shield, restricting environmental stressors such as toxins, allergens and pathogens from penetrating the skin. It works to protect the skin from chemical damage, irritants, abrasion, UV and regulating the escape of moisture. Immune response biosensors, antioxidants, anti-microbial peptides and anti-microbial lipids defend against threats that have managed to penetrate the shield. This self-regulating, dynamic natural barrier system can adjust and adapt its composition in response to external stressors, fortifying its defence and addressing damage. However, dehydration and inflammation impair many catalysts required for optimum function, hindering its ability to protect and repair. The skin’s natural barrier system is fundamental to maintain healthy skin. A compromised stratum corneum is directly correlated to undesirable skin conditions such as sensitive skin, acne, dry skin, loss of elasticity and accelerated signs of ageing.
The La Clinica Essentials Hydrating Healing Serum contains soothing, nourishing and fortifying actives to assist the skin's barrier.
Aqua, Niacinamide, Oat Beta Glucan, Centella Asiatica (Centella) Extract, Panthenol, Glycerin (Soy / Rapeseed derived), Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Ceramide NP (N-Stearoyl-phytosphingosine), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, C12-C13 Alkyl Glyceryl Hydrolyzed Hyaluronate, Zinc Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Coco-Glucoside, Tetrapeptide-15, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Tetrahydropiperine.
La Clinica For Skin and Body prides itself on its innovation and thus the ingredients listed here may differ from the packaging depending on the time and region of purchase.
Niacinamide (Vitamin B3):
• Regulates sebum production
• Increases production and turnover of epidermal cells
• Increases epidermal lipids and proteins
• Improves skin barrier function
• Reduces TEWL
• Improves skin texture / smoothness
• Reduces the appearance of pores
• Anti inflammatory
• Anti glycation
• Increases the production of collagen
• Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
• Improves skin elasticity
• Decreases pigmentation
• Decreases redness / blotchiness, yellow looking skin (sallowness)
Ceramides account for 40 – 50% of the lipids found in the outer layers of the skin. They fortify the skin’s natural barrier function; improve long term moisture levels and reduce transepidermal water loss.
As we age, ceramide production slows and the level of the lipids in the outer layers of our skin decreases. This impairs the skin function, and is associated with dry / rough skin, loss of elasticity, wrinkles, sensitive skin and skin disorders such as severe dryness (xerosis), dermatitis and psoriasis.
The Ceramide NP used in this formulation is encapsulated. This not only allows us to run stable high levels of Ceramide NP but assists in skin penetration; resulting in a higher efficacy of the ceramide compared to traditional Ceramide NP.
This combination increases hydration by 167% in comparison to the placebo and 99% over regular Ceramide-NP after 10 days.
Studies have shown that the quantity of Ceramide NP in the skin is significantly correlated with transepidermal water loss.
Acta derm venereal, 1998;78:27-30
• Found naturally within the skin (skin identical ingredient)
• More effective than regular Ceramide NP
• Maintains the skin’s moisture balance
• Reduces TEWL
• Repairs damaged skin barrier
• Effective in restoring dry and damaged skin
Essentials Re-Activation Nourishing Facial Oil
It can be hard to decide yourself, which products may best suit your skin. That's why you can contact Skin Nerd for a online or face to face consultation. I can discuss your skin concerns and lead you to a custom designed skincare plan.